MEDICAL DIRECTOR - PRESBYTERIAN HEALTH PLAN - Relocate to Albuquerque,
Company: Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: September 13, 2018
About UsPresbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of eight hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees. Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans. We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come. Job Description Education:
* Medical Degree
Assures mission, goals, and strategy of PHP/PHS are met via strategic planning, operational management, and financial accountability in areas of responsibility. Promote and model the use of Continuous Quality Improvement techniques and measurements in reaching the PHS purpose to improve the health of individuals, families, and communities in the areas we serve Responsibilities:
*Primary responsibility for and direction of PHP utilization management activities, including direction and support for nurses in prior authorization, concurrent and retrospective review, referral coordination, and case management activities.
*Assists in identifying and addressing examples of inordinate variation in patterns of utilization, and guiding staff and providers to effective resolution.
*Assists in the development of strategic plans for addressing resource management concerns and opportunities.
*Provides leadership in the education of members, providers, and PHS entities in the principles of utilization/resource/cost management, particularly as this relates to PHP.
*Participates in ongoing identification, design, and development of clinical practice guidelines/disease management pathways, incorporating both national standards and local physician input.
*Maintains effective liaison with provider groups in order to foster open communication and engender a collegial atmosphere in working toward a common goal: quality, cost effective health care.
*Supports Delegated Groups and the PHP goal of PDT success through collegial educational efforts and facilitation of communication with these groups.
*Participates in development and implementation of an outcomes-oriented PHP Quality Management Program.
*Monitors and assists in the implementation of a quality, cost effective pharmacy program.
*Participates in all appropriate committee activities within the Quality committee structure.
*Participates in relevant strategic and benefit planning sessions.
*Insures compliance with HCFA, HSD, DOI and all other regulatory agencies.
*Supports PHP in achieving and maintaining NCQA, HCFA, IPRO and all other accrediting requirements.
*Helps to ensure the implementation of an effective information system which is relevant in measuring both quality and utilization outcomes.
*Supports efforts of PHP in developing and distributing a severity-adjusted Physician Practice Profile.
*Supports PHS-wide Health management activities designed to improve the health of those individuals, families, and communities we serve.
*Performs other functions as required.
Benefits Benefits are effective day-one and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs About New MexicoNew Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great. Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC. New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west. AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses. *LI-TP1 NW123
Keywords: Presbyterian Healthcare Services, New Orleans , MEDICAL DIRECTOR - PRESBYTERIAN HEALTH PLAN - Relocate to Albuquerque,, Executive , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!