Registered Nurse - ICU Job in New Orleans, LA
Company: Gifted Healthcare
Location: New Orleans
Posted on: September 15, 2018
JOB REQUIREMENTSICU/ Critical Care/ Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (RN) Local JobAs an ICU/CCU RN, you will have the privilege of providing direct nursing care to the patients we serve.Critical Care/ICU/ CCU RN Responsibilities:
- Critical Care Registered Nurses must be proficient in a wide variety of high-level nursing skills. Exceptional Critical Care RNs have strong interpersonal communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- Assessing a patient's condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording vital signs
- Evaluating and ordering diagnostic tests
- Monitor the patients well-being, both emotional and physical
- Collaborates with members of the critical care team
- Administers intravenous fluids and medications
- Responds to life threatening situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Treats wounds and provides advanced life support
- Ensured ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment function properly
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Critical Care RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
FACILITY DETAILSLocated in the heart of New Orleans, this 789-bed facility, which is the flagship of a large health system, has been nationally recognized in clinical excellence and as an employer of choice. The campus includes acute and sub-acute facilities as well as centers of excellence in cancer care, multi-organ transplant, and heart and vascular care. This facility has an EPIC EMR system, providing the most up-to-date information regarding patients’ care and treatment to its nurses, physicians and facilities.
Recognized as a teaching hospital, as well as a Magnet facility, this state-of-the-art facility offers the opportunity to work on the cutting edge of health care delivery. Among many accolades, this hospital was named “top 100 Great Hospitals in America”, “Best places to work by New Orleans CityBusiness”, and Healthgrades “Distinguished Hospitals for Clinical Excellence” 6 years in a row.
New Orleans is one of the world’s most fascinating cities located on the Mississippi river bend, hence the name “The Crescent City”. It is home to a unique melting pot of culture, food, art and music. Stroll up and down Royal Street and take in the beautiful art and antique shopping; take a ride on the streetcar and see the magnificent St. Charles Avenue mansions; catch a Saints football game at the Superdome, and even enjoy a celebrated parade during the unique season of Mardi Gras. From world-famous restaurants and cuisine to some of the best local music in the world, New Orleans has something great to discover at every turn. New Orleans is heart, soul and spirit of Louisiana.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!
Keywords: Gifted Healthcare, New Orleans , Registered Nurse - ICU Job in New Orleans, LA, Healthcare , New Orleans, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!